Rites of Passage
THE BHA SANKOFA RITES OF PASSAGE P.O.W.E.R PROGRAM
For African-American Males
The BHA Sankofa Rites of Passage P.O.W.E.R. (Positive Outcomes With Excuses Removed) Program guidelines are built on African-centered development principles. The following principles are reflected in the curriculum materials and throughout the general learning environment.
• Initiates learn across all areas of Rites of Passage development (spiritually, socially, academically, physically, and emotionally)
• Initiates go through similar stages of Rites of Passage (in group and individual stages) via age appropriate challenges.
• Initiates learn in a space(s) that are considered sacred and African-centered
• Initiates will learn through their senses (hearing, seeing, touching, tasting, smelling, and spiritual intuition)
• Initiates will learn through active engagement (exploration, practice, demonstration, problem solving)
• Initiates will learn through attitudes, examples, and through the delivery of African-centered content and intent.